- Rockler is doing even more for the Guild and for the other clubs, classes, etc that they host.
But this time we actually have an opportunity to help pay back some of their kindness.
Rich Johnson told us at the February meeting that Rockler is ready to remodel the meeting space in the basement, including painting, tearing out the old flooring, and installing new vinyl snap-together flooring with foam underpad. The net result will be a meeting room which is more comfortable, quiet (the pole dancing classes next door not withstanding), and much easier on the eyes.
The work will involve three phases, starting on March 5:
- Phase 1 - Painting on the weekdays of March 5 and 6
- Phase 2 - Ripping out the old flooring on the weekdays of March 12 and 13
- Phase 3 - Installation of the new flooring on the weekdays of March 19 and 20
Members who wish to help should
to sign up. Be sure to check all of the phases for which you wish to volunteer. The link works only for logged-in, active members, so you must log in before clicking.
- More new models posted - John Willcox and Wilbur Goltermann have each contributed a number of new downloadable plans in the Fine Woodwork category of "Plans & References" in the Members' Corner. Check 'em out! Each has a downloadable Sketchup 3D model,and most have JPG images of the finished product. Thanks, John! If you haven't played around with Sketchup yet, consider downloading it and using it, at least to view models. You don't need to learn very much to install Skecthup and use it for walking around, and getting measurements from a model. the free version and the Pro version for Windows or for the Mac OS-X. Truly, the free version is all you need
- Massive Changes in the website - The Guild's brand new website is rockin' and rollin'. Many will not notice major changes in the appearance, but the "guts" of the site are more streamlined and the surface should be easier to navigate.
Regardless of how careful we are, you may find areas of the web which need to be updated/fiixed. It is pretty likely that we are aware of those areas, but please, nevertheless, whenever you find such, send a message to
along with some description.We will post all appropriate material on the website. We also welcome your suggestions for additions, to or improvements in the website.