- Website status as of March 2, 2016 - The Guild's library is starting to come online. Most of the books have been added, and the DVDs are next
The "For Sale by Members" pages under "Classified Ads" are getting their inaugural run. One member is selling most of his top-end shop equipment to replace it with even higher end equipment from Hammer in Austria. Another will be listing a nicely upgraded Delta table saw with some nice upgrades. Check out these bargains.
Please remember that everybody's login password has been changed and you must reset your passwords. Hover your mouse over "View your profile" in the upper right corner of this window, and click "Update Your Profile" in the drop-down menu. There you may change your password.
While you are there, explore the other things in this new user profile. You will find the ability to upload a portrait which is more representative of yourself than the cartoon image provided by default. This new user management system will ultimately be expanded to provide forums and connections between woodworkers with similar interests.
- Instructions For Making The Vererans Funeral Urn - Those of you who attended the January meeting may remember the Veterans Funeral Urn made by our Treasurer Laura. Many have asked for instructions so thay can make one. Laura wrote them up as a Word Docx file and it can be found in the members Plans & References area. This is a members area, so you must be logged in to access it. Here is a link to the instructions.
- New Classified Ads category - In addition to the "For Sale by Members" category, we have established a "For Sale by the Guild" category.
Occasionally surplus shop equipment, tools, and wood are donated to the Guild. When we find something which might be useful to a member, we list it in the "For Sale by Guild"category, with a price set at about 50% of the price on eBay or Craigs List.
- Membership expires on December 31 of the calendar year - New members who signed up after November 1 have membership good through 2016, December 31. If you have been a current member for the 2015 calendar year, and you still have a membership card looking like the image on the left below, your membership expired on 2015, December 31. So hurry to renew your membership right away.
The 2015 member card looks like this:
The 2016 member card looks like this:
Here are the steps to renew your membership on-line:
- Click on "About" in the menu bar above, and select "Pay for Membership" to get to the Membership Application Page. YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE PAYPAL TO RENEW THIS WAY BUT PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
- Fill out all the fields in the membership application page. If I don't get a valid address I cannot mail your membership card.
- At the bottom left of the page select new or renewing as appropriate. Now (this depends on your web browser) print the page. Usually its File->Print.
- Fill in the Captcha field and press the PayNow button. DO THIS EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYING BY CHECK
- Once at the PayPal page If you are using PayPal with a PayPal account
- Simply log in to your PayPal account
- Accept the charge and complete the payment.
- Wait until you are returned to the "Thank you" page on the Guild's website
- You're done, and have paid with your PayPal account.
- If you don't have a PayPal account but wish to pay with a credit card
- Click the "Pay with a debit or credit card" link
- Fill in all of your payment information
- Click the "Review and Continue" button
- Review your purchase and click "Pay Now"
- Wait until you are returned to the "Thank You" page at the Guild's website
- All done.
- If you wish to pay by cash or check
- Once you are at the PayPal page, click the back button on your browser to return to the membership app form.
- Bring your cash or check to a meeting and give it to the membership chairperson, or to most any board member
- Or Send the printed page and a check for $30.00 to
Colorado Woodworkers Guild
P.O. Box 100996
Denver, CO 80250
If you don't include the printed page, I may not know who the check came from.
Why click the Pay Now button even if you are paying by check? Good question. By clicking the Pay Now button the data on your form is entered into a database. So we do not need to type all your info in by hand. we really do not want to enter data for 260 members by hand. We'd rather be making sawdust.